Extract Cross-Sections from Alignment

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Extract Cross-Sections from Alignment

Postby Matthew Fore » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:49 am

1) Created one existing ground model.
2) Created approximately 5 alignments across model. Each approx 650' long.
3) Extracted 1st cross-sections every 50' along first alignment and plotted them out as per command within first 24x36 border.
4) Extracted 2nd cross-sections as above and picked a new location for sheet to be plotted in drawing. Program creates border.

Problem - 2nd alignment cross-sections are overlayed on top of first cross-sections and not within second border.
Matthew Fore

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:36 am

This is a known issue - no solution but a work around. After first sections are drawn, block them out to a seperate drawing - then do the second set of sections - block them out to a new drawing, etc. - then insert the blocks back in to get a final drawing with all sections drawn seperately.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

template cross over from design to ground

Postby burford » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:03 pm

I too had this problem.

It renders the svol calculation useless.

Is ther a toggle to not allow the template during road design not to cross over the ground surface?

My work around - making the template far end go verticle catch didnt work it actually didnt even go to the planned slope it followed the og at a 4:1 slope even thought the template had a 0.5:1 slope fill /cut toggle.

the only work around is to limit the new roadway surface to x feet forcing the surface extraction to stop at a given distance.

Does any one know how to merge a surface from the degin alingnment onto the orig ground, ie like when design a asphalt overlay?

Jim Burford

Postby Max » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:21 pm

Start each alignment with a different stationing so the station isn't repeated in another aligments. I am not running 2008. This works in 2005.
My cross sections are NOT plotted on top on one another.

Return to MicroSurvey CAD