[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - VIEWPORT

VIEWPORT

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

VIEWPORT

Postby burford » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:57 pm

iN USING VIEWPORTS, HOW DO YOU ELMINATE THE BOUNDARY OF THE VIEWPORT FROM BEING SEEN?

JIM BURFORD
burford

VIEWPORT VISIBILTY

Postby Richard Sands » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:45 pm

I always put my viewports on a unique layer and set it to not print.
The frame doesn't print but its contents do. To not see the viewport frame just turn it off.
Theoretically you (can't - how'd that get in?)-sorry to mislead, that should have read can edit the contents whilst in layout mode, but thats not quite how it works in practise, so just be wary.
regards, Richard
Richard Sands

Postby ianw2 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:14 am

As Richard stated, the most efficient way to handle the viewport frame is to create a separate layer (I call mine “Viewport”) just for, well, er, viewports.

I also set my Viewport layer to a color which, in my CTB file, does not print.

Now, if I want to, I can turn the Viewport layer off, lock it, make it non-printing, etc.

***BIG TIP***

When you have finished creating the viewport, setting scale, layers, etc., I HIGHLY recommend LOCKING the viewport layer.

You CAN edit the drawing through the viewport. Just double click anywhere in the viewport, as long as it is on and not locked, and you can manipulate the drawing from layout space. I usually manage to do this and bugger up the scale and location of the model space within the viewport, but only when I have a lot of text call outs in layout space pointing to items in model space and “tie lines” extending to other viewports. In other words, the more complicated the drawing, the easier it seems for me to screw up the viewport if its not locked.

***Shameless Plug***

In my opinion, model space / layout space is one of the most useful features of any CAD program for creating CLEAN, NEAT FINISHED drawings and maps.

It is one of the topics I make sure to cover during training classes, now that I am an approved MicroSurvey Trainer.

For more information about training classes, please email James Johnston , or phone him at 1-800-668-3312.
Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson Land Surveying, Inc.
Temecula CA 92591
(951) 684-1044
ianw2

Return to MicroSurvey CAD