Move some files from 2005 to 2008?

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Move some files from 2005 to 2008?

Postby T.M. Moretz » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:42 pm

What is the name and location of the file in ICAD 2005 that holds the customized tool bar configurations that I have created and can it be imported into 2008?
Also, what is the name and location of the file that holds the MSCAD configurations that I have set in 2005 and can they be imported into 2008? Thanks in advance.
T.M. Moretz

CUSTOM TOOLBARS

Postby Richard Sands » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:43 am

Have you searched for files of '.mnu' extension?
They would be where you saved them to in 2005. Try exporting a toolbar from 2005 and see where it takes you.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that 2005 toolbars can be imported into 2008. I can't see why they wouldn't work when viewing them in a text editor. Sorry cant try as I dont have 2005 on my laptop.
Hope that little amount helps.
regards, Richard
Richard Sands

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:14 am

Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Custom toolbars

Postby T.M. Moretz » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:21 am

Thanks Glen, I moved the toolbars as outlined on page ten of the document and it worked fine but, now I am missing the last two icons(?) from the upper right portion of the screen that read "window" and "help". How can I get these back?
T.M. Moretz

Postby Glen Cameron » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:15 pm

Those sound like the last two pulldown menus, that are missing. I would probably suggest a reset of the menus via the customize command.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Re-installed

Postby T.M. Moretz » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:57 am

Okay, the toolbar reset did not work for me so I uninstalled - three times. Each time I have done a search for anything that is MicroSurvey related - search microsurvey
search survey
search cad
search *.mnu
Each time I have deleted those items and still I don't have the two aforementioned pull down menus and my customised menues continue to automatically load - in the new install. There must be a file that the new install is finding that I can't find to delete. What could it be? :shock:
T.M. Moretz

Same problem

Postby T.M. Moretz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:08 pm

Has anybody had a chance to investigate this any further? I may need to mention that I'm using Windows 2000 Pro. I think that Icad must be loading a file outside of the main folders that are easily eliminated.
T.M. Moretz

Re: Move some files from 2005 to 2008?

Postby rwhatman » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:32 pm

T.M. Moretz wrote:What is the name and location of the file in ICAD 2005 that holds the customized tool bar configurations that I have created and can it be imported into 2008?
Also, what is the name and location of the file that holds the MSCAD configurations that I have set in 2005 and can they be imported into 2008? Thanks in advance.

I wished I could help you, but the question is not clear to me.

When you used Customize did Check Off all the toolbars.
Then you named the file and did not say. Sure the extension is mnu
The help says, save if to the My Documents folder did you do that.

Now you open 2008 program, used Customize and did you use Import
then pick reset.

As for the help and widow menu not showing up. They are saved
in a file *.icm
The menus for 2008 are different don't use the old ones.
rwhatman

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:04 am

There is a lot of information saved in the computer Registry that you do not have access to normally. So this may be what is happening here.

What you can do is the following: Go to the Windows Start menu | Run | type in the command REGEDIT (once in this command be very carefull!)
On the left side of the dialog, look for the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MicroSurvey\MSCAD2008
Right click on the word MSCAD2008 and pick the delete option from the floating menu.

Then exit the regedit program (X in top right of dialog) and start MicroSurvey CAD 2008. You will probably see an error messages about paths not set - ignore and bypass this (it rebuilds the paths automatically, being we just deleted them). The menus, toolbars, etc. should now all be reset to factory defaults.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD