CONVERSIONS - FLX - DWG - POWERCAD

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

CONVERSIONS - FLX - DWG - POWERCAD

Postby Richard Sands » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:04 pm

Has anyone used the latest version of PowerCAD 7.0 to mass convert flx files to dwg's.
I downloaded the program and also the Viewer. I used PowerCAD to convert a whole folder of flx's to dwg's using same name. I then opened a converted dwg in 2008 but it didn't read the data base. I opened another dwg converted from flx and it did read the data base.
I then opened a flx file in MSCAD 2004 (trial version) and saved as dwg and closed. I opened that drawing in 2008 and it read the data base. I'm not convinced totally that PowerCAD will convert the flx's and I can then open a fully functional dwg in 2008.
There's no doubting the conversion from flx to dwg works - its quite brilliant and very quick.
How have others found this conversion? I'm thinking of buying PowerCAD for this conversion but won't be 'over-the-moon' if I come across this too often.
(As a side I reiterate others comments its just not practical to mass convert all our old drawings at once and forget about flx's for ever. I had reourse to 2 old jobs today, one going back to 2001 that I'd never have found and converted without a diligant chasing through old CD's. It was worth teh chase as it contained several days surveying that I would otherwise have to reproduce. I reckon others can relate to that.)
regards
Richard
Richard Sands

Return to MicroSurvey CAD