Size of Embeding File

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Max

Size of Embeding File

Post by Max » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:46 pm

We are still running MSCad 2005.
How do you control the size of the embedded object. When ever we embed a Word or Execel two different files the second is 10 times larger then the first embedment, or the first embedded file is 10 times larger then the drawing, therefore the only way we can use it is through a viewport.
Max

Max

Post by Max » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:02 am

I did a little research and found a solution. It seems Microsoft just wetted our appetite in XP about object link. If we are running XP we have to upgrade to XPe to edit an embedded object link. You can download the upgrade from Microsoft’s XP web site and run a 30 day trail period. Which is OK, but I couldn’t find out what the cost would be without downloading first.
I am assuming that VISTA has the ability to edit an embedded object. If it does I would recommend that you use this feature when interesting text. This works so much better than multiline text. It is just a copy and paste from one object link program to another object link program. Once a Word or Excel file is embedded in to MicroSurvey you just double click inside the embedded area and you’re into the other program. The tool bars are overlaid MicroSurvey’s tool bars and you have all of the editing capabilities of the embedded file’s program!

Max