Help! Coordinate editor query

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Help! Coordinate editor query

Postby DonG » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:16 pm

Hi - As a new user, I am not sure of the best way to edit descriptions in the coordinate editor. My descriptions are not "left justified" and do not have the "x" in front of them ( in the field, my code file is not set up to have the x,y,z prefix to the codes). I therefore need to manually go thru the coord editor adding these prefixes and left justifying all the descs so that I can then join the strings by description. The "fill" command mentioned in the help file seems to not exist. I'm sure there is an easier way. Can anybody save me some pain?

Don
DonG

COORDINATE EDITOR

Postby Richard Sands » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:01 pm

Gday Don
You can ASCII out the points in the job as a csv file and edit in that if you find its easier.
Then just reimport the file with amended codes.
I assume you're using AutoMap xyz facility. This may be a bit tedious in any spreadsheet to edit.
Can you just ignore the xyz and just join by description and then edit the resulting linework. That may be messy though!! But may not be any more tedious than editing raw data.
regards, Richard
Richard Sands

Postby DonG » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:39 pm

Thanks Richard - I take it you have been using this package for some time. Hope I can call on you again.
Don
DonG

Postby Richard Sands » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:27 am

any time Don
Yes, Mscad and I go back a while.
I'm not the 'Fount of all knowledge' though.
Richard Sands

Return to MicroSurvey CAD