Incorrect Cross Sections

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Incorrect Cross Sections

Postby Neal McAllister » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:27 pm

Glen, Thanks for the help with my cross section problems. i did what you said, and am much closer, but I'm not there yet. It seems as though I am still having problems with the cross section routine. My kew problem seems to be with the cross sections following the alignment properly. Some of my cross sections show my road being shifted to the left of the cross section grid. Eventually, all I end up with is the cross section of the right ditch on the left side of my grid. I compared the stationing from the cross sections to my drawing and found this is happening as the road goes through a circular curve to the left. This leads me to belive the the cross section template is indeed following the curve, but that the grid in witch the cross section is shown is not. What's happenign and what can I do to fix it??? Another concern I have is with my design data. When I started this job, it was given to me as an ASCII file. This is because the survey work was actually done in a much slower and out of date program. Some of this data was field work(with elevations), while some was calcululated(with out elevations). I first loaded the data with elevations to create my groung surface. After that, I loaded the other data, which I used to make lines and arcs for my horizontal alignment. My concern is whether or not this zero elevation data is being tested when I create my design surfaces from my VA's? Is there a way I can bring this data up to my ground elevation?? Thanks for the help again, and sorry for the book I just wrote.
Neal McAllister
Neal McAllister

Cross Sections

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:06 pm

I am not sure what is happening but I would be happy to look at the entrie job and see if I can assist you.

Please email me the entire job (FLX, MSD and QSB files), and I will look at it the first chance I get, and let you know what I find.

[email protected]

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD