MOVING CAD2002 TO NEW MACHINE

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

MOVING CAD2002 TO NEW MACHINE

Postby H » Sat Nov 16, 2002 5:16 pm

CAN'T MAKE TRANSFER WORK WHEN FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN BY PROGRAM......IT STATES I HAVE ENTERED THE WRONG KEY NO.
HAVE DISK LABELED FIELD GENIUS SURVEYOR EXPRESS02-072002 SERVICE PACK 2 JULY 26, 2002.
ALSO HAVE DISK LABELED MICROSURVEY CAD2002 MSCAD02-07 CAD2002 SERVICE PACK 2 JULY 26, 2002.
I ONLY HAVE ONE KEY NO. GIVEN LONG AGO PLUS MY PASSWORD.
ANY EXPLANATION WHY I GET THE WRONG KEY NO. MESSAGE?
BUD RAYIWNKLE :twisted:
H

Postby rwhatman » Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:56 pm

You will have to use the program Transfer licence to Another Machine.

When you install the program in the new machine it will be in the demo
mode for 30 days. Fully fuctioning. Now to transfer the licence to this
computer you need a new password.

You go back to the old computer run Transfer licence to another computer and type in the key number from the new machine.

Now make sure you type it in right, because the program in the old machine will no longer work after it gives you the password.

With the new password you type this in the new machine and the
licence should now work fine.

The old password only worked for the old machine that why you need
a new password.

Please read Transfer Licence to Another Machine in the HELP menu
It is well done.

Good Luck hope this helps.
rwhatman

Password transfer

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:10 pm

I may get spanked by Glen, but I recall that the "Transfer Password" program is an anachronism from the DOS version of Microsurvey and does not work. If so, why is it still in the menu? Good question.

It stumped me for quite a while. Call Microsurvey with the key number (or better yet, fax it in), tell them what you are trying to do and they will help you out.

Transfer License routine

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:21 pm

:I may get spanked by Glen, but I recall that the "Transfer Password" program is an anachronism from the DOS version of Microsurvey and does not work. If so, why is it still in the menu? Good question.

:It stumped me for quite a while. Call Microsurvey with the key number (or better yet, fax it in), tell them what you are trying to do and they will help you out.

The Transfer License routine does work when you are moving the program permanently to another machine. The instructions in the help file and manual, as posted earlier, do work in most cases. If you do a small typo in any of the entries it can abort and not work. If this does happen then we are always happy to talk to you and get you a new password, as required.

We do have a routine that allows you to read in old files from our DOS based products from the early 90's. This is a different bird, but if anyone needs help with this they can contact me directly, if the help file does not explain it well enough for you.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD