profiles and cross sections

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

profiles and cross sections

Postby Vincent Popish » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:08 pm

Is MSCAD planning an update that will do a better job of labeling different stations on profiles and offsets on cross sections? Also is it planned to be able to work with polylines in a more robust manner, such as annotating from them and using them as a basis for staioning, etc.
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

Next Version

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:13 pm

I can not confirm what all is going to be changed in the next version because the final list has not been put together as yet by the development team.

We have several hundred ideas that people have asked for, to enhance and change the routines in the program. Some of the things to be changed will be driven by the additions made to our FieldGenius data collector, for the AutoRoute section of the program. Many other portions of the program will also see improvements and additions.

The CAD engine is also being updated by the manufacturer and we will build this in as well of course.

Sorry I can't give you a solid answer, but it is because we have not made and final decissions as yet. Your ideas and questions will be considered when the time comes. When the next version is ready, we will be able to confirm things at that time.

Please feel free to forward any thoughts, ideas, suggestions or complaints to me directly, via email and I will ensure they are passed on the to correct person so they can be considered for the next version of the program.

[email protected]

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD