LEROY TEXT

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

LEROY TEXT

Postby DALELSEN » Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:59 pm

Any help would be appreciated on text heights question:I am one of those people who are reluctant to mess with a good thing,so have never done any updating of my original MCCad 2002.Well,when my old PC bit dust last month,I was forced to pull out the disc for the service pack#2,which must have been sitting around in this desk for who knows how long,yikes! Anyway,have now noticed that I cannot control the text height or even modify it easily. For example, if the button for leroy 140 is chosen,should the height be 1.4? Think that was the way it used to work. Now the height ends up being 1.29 or 1.58 or some oddball figure.When I go to modify it by comparing it to another text, it will not change,nor will it change if the scale button is chosen like 2 or 0.5. Do I need to choose a setting in one of the defaults to get this the way it was? If someone can show me the light,maybe I will have the nerve to someday try the service pack #3. THX folks!
DALELSEN

Leroy Text Sizes

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:03 pm

The Leroy text sizes are set automatically based upon the drawing scale you set when you open the drawing. It is also based upon if the drawing is metric or imperial units.

A few examples in feet:
A Leroy 140 at a drawing scale of 1"=40' wopuld have a height of 5.6'.
A Leroy 100 at a drawing scale of 1'=100' would have a height of 10'.
A Leroy 100 at a drawing scale of 1'=20' would have a height of 2'.

I hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD