Export to Starnet Least Squares

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Export to Starnet Least Squares

Postby tex_surv » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:35 pm

I am using an Archer with FG08 using the F1/F2 as standard practice. Angles mean out fine. The file imports fine into Microsurvey and the traverse editor shows all the lines collected and the meaned out angle in the TR RF field. This line does not export out to the starnet dat file, only the F1/F2 fields and I have to manually enter the mean angles into the traverse field. Any suggestions? I am using Starnet because I am having a hard time understanding the least squares method of Microsurvey.
tex_surv

Postby Jason Poitras » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:41 am

Our Starnet converter was designed a long time ago and only exports setups and sideshots. We will be working on adding more functionality to it very soon. For now if you need the average reading, you will have to manually include it in your Dat file.

Most or our customer who want to use FieldGenius with Starnet end up purchasing the Starnet TDS Raw File converter. Since FieldGenius uses the TDS format, the converter works fine with our raw files.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Postby tex_surv » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:59 am

As I mentioned above, I would prefer to utilize the Microsurvey least squares adjustment included within the software, but it too has its own problems dealing with the F1/F2 format and also does not read in/out the averaged readings. I should not have to purchase additional third party software to perform a task that the software that I purchased from your organization which is touted to perform the same function.
tex_surv

Return to MicroSurvey CAD