Requests for 2009's Next Update

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Re: Requests for 2009's Next Update

Postby Matthew Fore » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:52 am

Brian Sloman wrote:
Hi Matthew, this table command by default includes all of the datum(s) defined in the coordinate editor, but you can control this by selecting only the desired columns (or rows) in the editor. So if you highlight say your Point ID, Latitude, and Longitude columns - then the resulting table will contain only these.

Thanks for the response Brian. I spoke with Mr. Cameron about a related issue to this a few days ago. Currently the create coordinate table command under MSAnnotate defaults to 3 decimal places. We normally only carry to 2 in tables we create. He suggested using the ACE to select the coordinates as you have suggested but by doing so I cannot pick them in the order I need either way I end up having to do additional drafting - either rounding u each number which could be tedious on large sets or moving coordinates up and down in the order we need them which could lead to mistakes. Mr. Cameron said he would forward my request to control decimal places but having the ability to create the table with a different coordinate system under msannotate would be great too.
Matthew Fore

Postby Matthew Fore » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:53 am

Brian Sloman wrote:Hi Matthew, When you save your configuration file, just overwrite the qs.qcf file Glen mentioned and that will make it the new default. No need to edit it manually with notepad.

Understood. Thanks again.
Matthew Fore

Postby Matthew Fore » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:55 am

I may have asked this before but don't remember. Is it possible to get a report of station/offsets of mspoints previously shot along an alignment? How? If not... please consider this request.
Matthew Fore

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:45 am

If you use the Label Alignment routine, you can have it label existing points with station/offset info - then you can generate a report of this data, again from inside the Label Alignment routine. Just turn of the Station option if you have not labeld the stations along the alignment, and use the offset option. The report is exported to the log file or a user defined file.

FYI - all other items listed in this topic thread have been recorded in our wish tracking software. Some may make it into 2010, but no guarantee - but at least it will be available for continued future development.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Matthew Fore » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:02 am

Thanks thrice.
Matthew Fore

Previous

Return to MicroSurvey CAD