detail points

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

detail points

Postby CARTOGRAF » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:42 pm

here`s my problem:
i set up a trial job on my sokkia,orientation to an imagined point and shot a few pods in reflectorless mode.then saved the job to the flash card,copied it from the card to my computer and downloaded the raw sokkia survey file through the datacollector onto microsurvey.the problem is that only my station appears on the screen-no detail at all.if i edit the traverse it shows my station marked as IS and the detail points marked as SS.it`s obvious the program recognised my shots but how can i make them appear on the screen..?
thanks
CARTOGRAF

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:40 am

Sounds like you have read the RAW file into our traverse file but you did not then tell the program to re-coordinate the traverse file, to calculate all of the coordinates based upon the raw data.

This can be accomplished under the MsTraverse pulldown menu | Traverse Calculations | Re-Coordinate Traverse.

A suggestion that may help you in learning the steps to follow would be to watch the training movies from the Help file. They cover many of the daily tasks that you will need.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD