Creating Separate DWG files

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Creating Separate DWG files

Postby RJ Breedlove » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:15 am

I use Layout Tabs for my Final Survey's and enjoy the flexibility of that method. I can print pdf files from the Layout tab and the drawing is perfect. However, when I try to WBLOCK the layout tab all I get is the title, notes and whatever is in the layout window but none of the content in paperspace.
Is there another way I can create a separate DWG file from the Layout Tab and have all the info and drawing elements appear in the new DWG file? I want to use this function to send DWG files to Architects and Engineers who are not interested in seeing all the 'background' clutter of points, field blocks and etc.
I currently have to enter Model Space and recreate the Layout view with title blocks and notes, which is not what I want to do. That is why I went to the Layout Tab system to start with....
Any help would be appreciated.
RJ Breedlove

Re: Creating Separate DWG files

Postby glendon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:22 am

Model space objects are written to model space file, and paper space objects are written to paper space file. after two drawing are created, then create a third blank drawing, copy the 'model space file' into into the model space, and copy the 'paper space file' into the paper space, you will have a clean file in the third drawing.
glendon

Return to MicroSurvey CAD