Building Face Elevation

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Building Face Elevation

Postby CARTOGRAF » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:33 am

Is there a way in MSCad to flip up my elevation shots so I wouldn`t need to project them up manualy?
CARTOGRAF

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:16 am

Sorry - I have no idea what you are asking. Can you give an example of what you need to do, so I can try and understand your request.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Re: Building Face Elevation

Postby rwhatman » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:31 am

CARTOGRAF wrote:Is there a way in MSCad to flip up my elevation shots so I wouldn`t need to project them up manualy?

By the word Flip, you mean raise.

To raise Elevations :

Pick point or points in the Active coordinate editor.

Edit menue pick shift Selection.

Enter elevation Shift.
rwhatman

Postby CARTOGRAF » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:19 am

rwhatman`s answer gave me the answer for my previous topic-how to perform global hight and coordinate adjust - thank you for that.

Glen,to be more clear:

i surveyed the face of the building with reflectorless total station.To draw a 2D face elevation i use to offset the surveyed hights from a choosed datum level(usually zero) in CAD.
Is there a way in MSCad to offset(project up)these hights?Lets say i have a point with elevation 8.46m - i want to offset it from my choosed datum(for example zero)8.46m so when the offsetting of all points is finished,MSCad or me manually could join these elevations to get a "picture"from the building face.
CARTOGRAF

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:23 am

I am still not sure if I follow completely - here is what I am interpretting your request as, please correct me if I am wrong.

If you survey the face of a building it will give you multiple points on top of each other in plan view. You wish to rotate this data in such a way that you can view it at the same time as the plan data for the property. If this is the case, I would run the command ROTATE3D to rotate the bulding face points about 0,0 with a rotation of (+-)90 degrees, as appropriate. This will now have points as if the uilding wall was actually laying on the ground.

Is this what you needed? Does this answer your question or did I misunderstand what you were looking for?
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby CARTOGRAF » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:16 am

I think this is the thing what i need.The problem is i don`t understand the procedure of the rotate3d command.What i`ve done selected points by window polygon,then tried to rotate the lot around the x axis from 0,0 and 90 degrees.I thought it will give me a building face in north direction but it gave me a rotation i don`t understand.Could you bring me some light?
CARTOGRAF

Return to MicroSurvey CAD