ddedit prompts for a number

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

ddedit prompts for a number

Postby BearingTree » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:40 am

when I try to do edit text a ICAD prompt box opens and asks Please enter a number, I click ok and the Entity Properties opens.

No property changes can be made without entering a number on close (OK click). Can't find preference setting that will correct this problem.

Other drawing files work ok. Anyone have a fix? General good and problem cad files preferences are the same.

Jc
BearingTree

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:55 pm

I remember seeing this once or twice in the past but not recently. Do you have the most current version of MicroSurvey CAD on this computer? If not then maybe try getting the patches and becoming current, assuming your maintenance contract is current to run with the patches or new version.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Brian Sloman » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi,

This issue has not yet been fixed. This occurs if your angular units settings are set to "Surveyor's Units" with a precision of 5 decimal places or more. In this situation, the text rotation string is longer than the program is expecting, so it does not recognize it as a valid number.

Type DDUNITS and change your Angular Units setting back to the default of 4 decimal places precision, and this message will go away.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby BearingTree » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:25 pm

I was eligible to load & install MicroSurvey Cad 9 ok.

Opened problem file using MS9 and the same thing happened. Then changed Angular display from 6 places to 4 and it worked Ok.

Have been using 6 places for angle display for several years. Don't remember doing anything unusal before it happened.

At the moment have a file open and the display setting is 6 places. No problem doing Text Edit.

Glad it wasn't something I was doing. Intermidiate user.

Thanks for the help.
Jc
BearingTree

Return to MicroSurvey CAD