COGO keystroke capture

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

COGO keystroke capture

Postby stikalsky » Fri May 08, 2009 2:26 pm

I just upgraded to SP1 for version 2009 and the batch COGO file does not seem to be capturing all the COGO routines. I see the traverse bearing and the curve routines, but the intersection routines are not being captured. Is there something I am missing in a setup?

Thanks,

Scott Tikalsky
stikalsky

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue May 12, 2009 10:43 am

We are not aware of any issues with Batch COGO, but if you can give us a series of keystrokes that you can get to not work correctly, please do. This way we can examine this and if it is a bug, try and get it fixed ASAP for the next version.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby stikalsky » Thu May 14, 2009 11:00 am

Glen;

All the intersection keystroke commands are not being recorded. This is with all projects since loading SP1. The traverse and curve keystrokes are being recorded though.
stikalsky

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri May 15, 2009 4:32 am

Sorry - my last comment was made by me without confirming with my head office. I had been out on the road for a bit, running a training course, and was not aware of this. My head office is well aware of it and have it documented in our bug tracking software.

From what I understand, this may be related to alpha-numeric point numbers vs. numeric point numbers.

Either way - the programmers are aware of this and it will be fixed as soon as they are able, and added to the version released at that time.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Brian Sloman » Tue May 19, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi,

I haven't seen a problem with cogo entry not being recorded into the Batch file - and in testing this today i am not seeing this issue.

Exactly what cogo entry is not being captured into the batch file? Please provide a step-by-step set of instructions to reproduce this problem. If we can reproduce it, we can probably fix it.

The issue Glen mentioned, is that playing back a batch cogo file containing distance-distance intersections with alphanumeric points will not work properly. But in this case, the cogo entry is captured into the batch file, it is only playing it back that doesn't work unless you change the alphanumeric point ids to numeric ids.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby stikalsky » Wed May 27, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi Brian;

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. To answer your request, all intersection commands in COGO are not being captured in the batch file routine. Only the traverse and curve functions are being captured. I do not use alpha-numeric point identifiers, kind of old fashioned about that, so that is not the problem. I was not having the issue until I loaded SP1 a couple of weeks ago.

thanks,
Scott Tikalsky, LS
PACE Engineering
Redding, CA
530-244-0202
[email protected]
stikalsky

Postby Brian Sloman » Wed May 27, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi Scott,

OK I see what is happening now. Yes, this only affects the latest 2009 service pack, and for some reason I had a prior version installed when i tested this last week. We are currently beta testing MicroSurvey CAD 2010, so I will see if we can squeeze in this fix prior to release.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby stikalsky » Thu May 28, 2009 2:11 pm

Thanks Brian! Glad to know it's just a "feature" of SP1 and not something I did. We will wait for 2010 for the fix.

Regards,
Scott Tikalsky, LS
PACE Engineering
Redding, CA
530-244-0202
[email protected]
stikalsky

Postby Brian Sloman » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:52 am

Hi Scott,
Just to confirm - this has been fixed for the 2010 release.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to MicroSurvey CAD