Layer Question

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Layer Question

Postby Jennessy » Fri May 15, 2009 7:10 am

Alright so here is my question, I am used to using Carlson Survey, and in this program I can put all my points in there corresponding layers and when I turn on a layer and the elevation layer it only shows the elevations of the layer that is turned on. In MicroSurvey, when I turn on a particular layer and than turn on the elevation layer it gives the elevation of all the points in the drawing file instead of just the layer that is turned on. I was wondering if there is any easy way to make this software just show the elevations of the layers that are turned on similar to what Carlson Survey does or is this software incapable of doing such a thing?

Thank you
Jen Henessy
Jennessy

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri May 15, 2009 8:11 am

Carlson is using a point block method of controlling what is displayed - we do not. If you want to control layers then the elevations need to be split up onto their own layers. So if you want the layer TREE showing, then you would also show the layer TREE-ELEV (or whatever the layer is called).

Our AutoMAP routine allows you to layer all of your points, based upon their descriptions and you can then also control the layers for the point number, descriptions and elevations for those point descriptions. Then you have full control over each layers visability.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD