2010 upload download folders

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

2010 upload download folders

Postby Andy B. » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:11 pm

The link in the 2010 upgrade notes explaining the location of the upload and download folders for the new release of mscad 2010 seems to not be working. I've updated the latest available version of the Microsurvey Transfer program but I still do not see MsCad 2010 listed in the options menu to automatically find these locations. Can someone help me out?
Andy B.

Postby Brian Sloman » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:39 pm

Hi Andy,

If you have MicroSurvey CAD 2010 installed on your computer but it does not appear as a sync option in the Transfer Program then it most likely means you just need to install a newer version of the MicroSurvey Transfer Program. Older versions don't know how to find the 2010 folders. You can download the latest version of MicroSurvey Transfer from our Helpdesk here:
http://microsurvey.com/helpdesk/index.p ... itemid=258

Sorry, those links in the Upgrade Notes article are dead because i sinned and did a copy/paste out of the help file into the Helpdesk article, so now it is trying to go to another page in the help file which isn't available in the helpdesk. I will fix that soon. The paths which it is trying to show you, are...
Windows XP/2000:
Uploads: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MicroSurvey\MSCAD\2010\SyncWizard\Uploads\
Downloads: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MicroSurvey\MSCAD\2010\SyncWizard\Downloads\
AutoMap: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MicroSurvey\MSCAD\2010\mscad\
(Note, the Application Data folder is hidden by default)
Windows Vista:
Uploads: C:\ProgramData\MicroSurvey\MSCAD\2010\SyncWizard\Uploads\
Downloads: C:\ProgramData\MicroSurvey\MSCAD\2010\SyncWizard\Downloads\
AutoMap: C:\ProgramData\MicroSurvey\MSCAD\2010\mscad\
(Note, the ProgramData folder is hidden by default)
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby Andy B. » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:52 pm

I'm sorry you had to copy down all those paths Brian. That is the same version of the Transfer program I had been trying to install, but I was installing it by doing a repair of the existing version. Once I completely unistalled the previous version of the Transfer Program from my control panal and then installed the version your link provides, it detected MsCad 2010 for the sync options as you said it would. Anyway, I appreciate your quick reply and I would also like to say hats off to MicroSurvey for the 2010 version. So far, every little glitch that was hindering my productivity has been fixed. Keep the good work up guys.
Andy B.

Postby glennd2 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:03 am

I found the same problem and cure as AndyB.
You need to uninstall previous version of TRANSFER before installing new.
Perhaps this should be included in the RELEASE NOTES? :idea:
glennd2

Return to MicroSurvey CAD