New to Microsurvey power V8i / Survey

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

New to Microsurvey power V8i / Survey

Postby B-rad » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:00 am

I have come from a LDD background of error messages and breakdowns. I am hoping for a better result with this microsurvey program. I am currentely on a 30 day demo & liking what i see so far, it seems to accept data from my collector & ASCII files no problem. I have downloaded a complete topo including 5 ASCII files to my project & so far so good . I need to adjust the size of the text & the size of the point target "+" symbol since it shows so small at first glance, for ease of doing line work in this application. Can anyone give any suggestions for this & a little background on Microsurvey power V8i for Survey. Also how do i go about making this drawing in 3d so that when sent to a Autocad appliction the elevations will show.for design purposes. I need some help with setting up the field codes for a auto linework application so that when imported line work is already produced

Thanks,

B-rad
B-rad

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:42 am

The text size is controlled by a combination of the Drawing Scale that you set when you start the drawing, and the Labeling Defaults under the MsAnnotate menu.

The Point Size and style can be set by going to the SETTINGS command | Entity Creation tab | Change Settings For: Points.

I am not sure I know what you are referring to when you mention "Microsurvey power V8i for Survey". We have MicroSurvey CAD 2010 as our current program, with 2009 and 2008 as the previous versions.

We do include over 170 training movies that can be accessed via the help file. Some of the movies may need to be downloaded from our web-site to have them available.

All survey points (from a collector file or ASCII file, etc.) are always drawn in full 3D. The text associated to those points are 2D.

We have a few different automated linework coding options available in the program. The SDRmap line connection method is probably the easiest and yet most flexable of these methods. The help file and movies should assist you in understanding the coding used. They are a single command that is run to generate the lineswork from the description codes, after the points are imported.

We have a very powerful rotuine called AutoMAP that allows you to control the layering and symbology for the points, again controlled by the description codes.

I hope this helps!
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD