import points makes arcds disappear.

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

import points makes arcds disappear.

Postby kevinnem » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:17 am

I have been useing micro survey for years, but I have never figured out how to stop this.

when you create a arc VIA cogo (1..2..3)
and then import points - 1, 2 and 3 from an ascii file it destroys the arc. (note the position of 1,2,3 are always the same)

I have tryied this with different point protection tolerances, and decimal values, but to no avail.

Any one else have this issue - and /or solution?
kevinnem

Postby fish » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 am

I suppose after the arc is drawn, you could remove it from the database (assuming you don't need it in the database) and then re-import your points.
fish

Postby kevinnem » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:57 pm

sorry- just so I am clear. I want the arc to stay.

MS jsut seems to blow them up went importing.
kevinnem

Postby fish » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:59 am

The arc itself would still be there, it just wouldn't be linked to your database.

_remove_line_curve_from_dbase
fish

Postby Brian Sloman » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi,

I tested this out with a few random arcs and am not seeing this happen, however it sounds like there must be an issue for some specific cases.

After the arc disappears, check the History of the three arc points to see if the coordinate has changed. Basically, if the two distances from the radial point to each endpoint becomes different then the program will decide that the arc is not valid and therefore will remove it from the drawing. If the coordinates don't change, the arc will/should remain.

If you have a drawing where this happens, please email me the .dwg and .msz files to [email protected] and I will check it out. Just include a note to say which point id's make up the disappearing arc. Also please confirm whether you are using 2010 or some older version.

fish's suggestion to remove the arc from the database prior to re-importing the points is a good workaround, as long as you know which arc(s) will disappear.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to MicroSurvey CAD