Program Requests

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Program Requests

Postby Matthew Fore » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:45 am

1) In microsurvey I would like a command/toolbar button that will automatically bring all wipeout symbols to the top/front of drawing or bring a specific layer which one would place them all.

2) For FG I would like the ability to perform a trilateration by angles. Would be helpful to us in locating pile locations in waterways from baseline set on bank. Right now we have to create points by intersection via the maual distance input of bogus distances.

If these requests are already incorporated somewhere please point me in the right direction. Thanks.
Matthew Fore

Re: Program Requests

Postby rwhatman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:47 am

Matthew Fore wrote:1) In microsurvey I would like a command/toolbar button that will automatically bring all wipeout symbols to the top/front of drawing or bring a specific layer which one would place them all.

2) For FG I would like the ability to perform a trilateration by angles. Would be helpful to us in locating pile locations in waterways from baseline set on bank. Right now we have to create points by intersection via the maual distance input of bogus distances.

If these requests are already incorporated somewhere please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

1) Just add all the wipeout symbols in your template drawing then when template is loaded in new drawing just go to Blocks and all will be there to use.
I have Automap insert them.

2) You can record a COGO calc and just change the angles for each shot.
rwhatman

Postby Matthew Fore » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:50 pm

1) I don't have a problem bringing them in. It's once I have them in and have to edit a line or change something then alot of times the wipeout symbol is sent below other drawing objects or images. I wish there was an easy way to keep the wipeouts such as open circles on top.

2) This is a field genius (fg) request where instead of distances, angles are used to calc a center point via the trilateration button or something similar.
Matthew Fore

TRILATERATIONS

Postby Richard Sands » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:33 pm

I've asked for this too - Nikon AP800 software has it on board and its brilliant.
One only has to read an angle and site to an object and it gets recorded as angle only then when setup on another station and the same point number is invoked for the next sideshot this triggers the calculation for the intersections. This could be taken further to include other observations from other stations to same point.
It can be extremely accurate if done with care. I've read to bolts and flanges high up in a large factory complex from 3 setups all with forced centering and no plumbing errors and have had 1mm differences (calculated) - not claiming 1mm!

So yes it is much anticipated and eagerly awaited.
Richard Sands

Postby Brian Sloman » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:37 am

Hi, you can use the Customize command to create a menu item or toolbar button to run the following command...
^C^C^C_draworder;properties;type;wipeout;;front;regen
(yes - there are two semicolons between wipeout and front)
or
^C^C^C_draworder;properties;layer;yourlayername;;front;regen
(yes - there are two semicolons between yourlayername and front)
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby Matthew Fore » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:31 am

Thanks Mr. Sloman.

Tried it but I can't seem to get it to select a wipeout as a type.
Matthew Fore

Postby Brian Sloman » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:58 am

Hi, try typing the command manually just to see what it grabs for the selection set...
Code: Select all
: draworder
Select entities to change draw order: pro
Select by properties: ty
Entity type(s) to select <*>: wipeout
Entities in set: 1
Select by properties:
Enter entity ordering option [Above/Under/Front/Back] <Back>:f

If this doesn't work, list or entprop your wipeout to make sure it is in fact a wipeout and not part of an insert - in which case you can specify the type as insert instead of wipeout.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to MicroSurvey CAD