Service Patch #4 Posted.

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Service Patch #4 Posted.

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:39 am

SP#4 is primarily for those running our FGXG2.0 collector so you can communicate with it properly using MSCAD2002. There were a couple of other minor fixes; the divide and measure commands were fixed that we had broken in SP#3, a new extraction option for surfaces to deal with LWPolylines was added, and a few other very minor fixes and CAD updates.

Go to the Support Page and pick on MSCAD2002 and then Downloads - it will install over MSCAD2002 SP#3 (non-hardware lock versions) directly from the internet (be sure to install SP#3 first, then SP#4).

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

SP#4

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:23 pm

Here is a link to a short Technical Note that talks about most of the new features added to SP#4.

http://www.microsurvey.com/support/msca ... pdates.htm

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Hardware Lock Versions

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:27 pm

Files for the Hardware Lock versions of MSCAD2002 SP#4 are now posted.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

MicroSurvey Cad 2002 Sp#4

Postby Max » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:59 am

Hello,
I just recieved in the mail SP#4 CD for 2002. The instructions indicate to install the update like a new installation having to fax a new password. This somewhat different than previous updates in that we used the original serial number the CD that we first installed MS Cad 2002 and we didn't have to get a new password. I want to make sure I am using the correct proceedure. The update before this one I did it incorrectly and had the program so it would'nt run and I needed help to get it back.

Thanks
Max
Max

SP#4

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:55 am

If you already have a copy of MSCAD2002 SP#2 or SP#3 installed then installing from the SP#4 CD should not require a new password. The form saying you may need one is probably for those that are using it for the first time and do not have a previous version of 2002 installed already.

You can install it over the existing copy using the Repair option and the password should be fine.

If you were to uninstall the current version (backup anything you customized first) then install the new CD, the password you sent away for before should still be found on the system and valid.

If you do have any problems then please feel free to contact us directly and we will correct the situation directly.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

MicroSurvey CAD 2000 SP#4

Postby Max » Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:39 am

Glen,
I installed SP#4 somewhat successfully. When the install menu asked me to save my custom menus I answered yes. The program installed, but do not save my custom menus, or hot keys. This is not a big problem just giving you some feedback.

Max
Max

Return to MicroSurvey CAD