TWIN MONITORS

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

TWIN MONITORS

Postby Richard Sands » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:27 pm

1 dwg spanning both monitors - all dialogue boxes, 'zoom to point' type commands centre the dwg on the window.
This is a real nuisance.
Can we have a setting that takes use of dual monitors into account please.
If the program is smart enough to know where the centre is then maybe an off-centre option would work here.

food for thought.
Well more than just thought please.
regards
richard
Richard Sands

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:39 am

The ZOOMP command centers on the point based upon the location and size of the current window that is open. It has no knowledge of how may monitors you may be using or how you have spread your window out to cover the monitors. It only knows where the limits of the window for the program are located to center the zoom on this location.

I am not a programmer so I do not know, how easy it would be to allow, what you have asked for, to happen or, if it is even possible from inside the CAD engine.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Richard Sands » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:30 pm

found after writing this that some routines place the dialogue boxes elsewhere and clicking on something in that box opens another and it may jump to the other screen.
Something that does need attention and would really benefit us who use dual monitors.
Some boxes for egs have a memory and return to where they were placed, others forget the moment they are closed and reset to default setting.
Another case of adolescent behaviour - program evolvement over the years?
regards
Richard
Richard Sands

Postby Matthew Fore » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:31 am

Easiest way to fix that centering problem is to get a third monitor. :D

I agree with the box memory problem. I currently run the prompt history on the second monitor to enlarge the drawing in the first. I do not "span" drawings but may open two side by side.

1) Qwirk - Sometimes the prompt history will minimize itself back to the first monitor. When this occurs I cannot select objects after a command such as move unless the prompt history is open again.

2) Another qwirk I found that is if you have two ACE windows open and copy a selection from one to the other the selection will appear in the ace window, you can zoom to the points by double clicking on the coordinate line but the coordinates do not seem to be placed in the database. Still have to use the transfer ms points command.
Matthew Fore

Return to MicroSurvey CAD