autodesk civil

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

autodesk civil

Postby steve » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:31 am

is mscad 2010 compatiable with autodesk civil 2010? if not fully compatiable, what are the limitations & issues?

i currently use mscad 2005 and my company is upgrading engineering side to civil 2010 (not 3d). in order to upgrade to mscad 2010, i need to know what problems may exist with mscad 2010 and civil 2010.

thanks.
steve

Postby Brian Sloman » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi, a few issues I know of...
1) The 2010 DWG format is not supported in MicroSurvey CAD 2010 but you can get around this by just doing a "Save As" in Civil 2010 to a previous dwg format (R2009 or earlier), which MicroSurvey CAD 2010 can then work with.
2) Most of the custom Civil objects can only be displayed or hidden in MicroSurvey CAD 2010 as Proxy Objects, but are not editble. Proxy visibility in MicroSurvey CAD can be controlled via the PROXYSHOW command.
3) I believe some of the custom Civil objects may not display in MicroSurvey CAD 2010, but i'll have to leave this for the Civil users out there to comment on more specifically as far as what types of object do or don't work.

If you have any Civil drawings to test it with, you can download a demo copy of MicroSurvey CAD 2010 from here, to see how they play together:
http://microsurvey.com/helpdesk/index.p ... &newsid=59
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to MicroSurvey CAD