AutoMap Library Editing System

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

AutoMap Library Editing System

Postby Eric Anderson » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:42 am

Every time I run the AutoMap routine, start a New Library and then Scan the Database I get this message in my text/command screen:

Sorry, but SLOPE TOP is an invalid layer name. Using layer 0.

It does that for each description, Ground Shot, Slope Bottom, etc. So, when I press the Process Automap button nothing happens, nodes aren't moved to their appropriate layers and layers aren't created. Do I need to change my description codes in the field so that they will work?

Suggestions?
Eric Anderson
Senior Survey Technician
Olmsted County Public Works
Rochester, MN
Eric Anderson

Postby Brian Sloman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:13 am

Hi,

I think this message is a throwback to previous CAD engines when you could not have a space in layer names. The Scan Dbase works fine if there is not a space in your description, so for now you could adjust the field coding to just not use the space, like "SLOPETOP" instead of "SLOPE TOP". I will add this to our development list for the programmers to look at, but can't make any promises about when it may be addressed.

Also, the way the Automap system uses spaces in descriptions is that when matching point descriptions to Automap Entries, it will ignore anything after the space in the descripiton - so in your case points with "SLOPE" "SLOPE TOP" "SLOPE BOTTOM" etc can all use one "SLOPE" Automap entry. So you may want to leave out the spaces anyways.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby Eric Anderson » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:19 am

Thanks.

I just figured that out. I just changed the descriptions on all of my shots to just one word in Excel. :)
Eric Anderson
Senior Survey Technician
Olmsted County Public Works
Rochester, MN
Eric Anderson

Return to MicroSurvey CAD