Thankyou Glen Cameron

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Thankyou Glen Cameron

Postby Richard Sands » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:17 am

Glen seemingly vanished without any mention. Unless I missed something.
He did tell me a while back he was off on a new job but I am surprised no mention here.

Anyway I did appreciate his years of patience and diligence and his knowledge. We had many enjoyable conversations via email.
Richard Sands

Re: Thankyou Glen Cameron

Postby Edward Gasbarre » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:31 pm

I didn't know! Yes Glen you are greatly missed.
Edward Gasbarre

Postby Darcy Detlor » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:12 am

Hi there,

Glen took a job offer working for the City of North Bay, near his home town. He worked in his house for over a dozen years for MicroSurvey, and did a great job. I think he was ready for a change, and from what we hear, he is enjoying his new job. Technical support is a demanding job with quite a bit of stress from customers who are sometimes frustrated and unhappy. There were probably less than 10 times in all those years that Glen got really upset with anyone. He was good at it.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
[email protected]
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Postby rwhatman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Thanks Glen for all your help over the years. You will be missed.
Best of luck in your new job.
rwhatman

Re: Thank you Glen Cameron

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:18 am

As has been mentioned, as of September 2009, I have moved on to a new job at the City of North Bay here in Ontario. I am a Engineering Technician Level 1 (highest level) in the Engineering Drafting Department.

I enjoyed the 13 plus years working at MicroSurvey Software and will miss the many long time customers that I helped service and train. I had an opportunity come up that I could not pass up, and the change was something that I needed as well. As Darcy mentioned, I had been working out of my house for the last 13 or so years and craved the personal interaction that you get when you go to an office environment.

I am now able to apply many skills to the "real world" jobs assigned to me, that I have helped others do for many years. It is a refreshing career change.

I wish the best to all of my former co-workers and customers. You never know what the future will bring and I will remain in contact with the staff at MicroSurvey, in case I can contract to do something in the future.

I want to thank all those that have passed on their well wishes to me as this is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD