Easting and Northing

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Easting and Northing

Postby Peter G » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi,
Is there a way that I can label point through MsAnnotate, Add N & E label for a point. Can be changed to E & N, that is Easting first? Because if you a labeling a lost of points then you have got to move them aroud so that E is on top. Also in Traverse Editor & Coordinate Editor can E be listed first instead of second?

It's a shame that in General Settings in Preferences in MS System Toggles that when you check the "list E,N (X,Y) Format" that is doesn't then change the above problems to E,N and not N,E.

Is there a way that this could be done, even if its just to make those of us who use E,N format, lives a bit easier. After all you've done so much already you might as well do a bit more.

2010 is great and works well on a 64-bit W7.

Thanks

Peter
Peter G

Re: Easting and Northing

Postby Brian Sloman » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi, In the Active Coordinate Editor you can rearrange your columns in any order by dragging the headers, so yes you can put the Eastings before the Northings. The Active Traverse Editor and the Point Labeling routines are currently not reversible, although improving the program's overall use of E,N format data is something we would like to work on. You may be able to find (or write) a Lisp command to label points in E,N format. If you Draw a Coordinate table into the drawing from the Active Coordinate Editor, it will use the same order the data is displayed in so you could draw a coordinate table in E,N format if that helps.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby Peter G » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 pm

Hi Brian,
Thanks for the reply, will try out those tips. Nice to know that working on the E,N format is something that you would like to improve on. After all us in the UK us this format, and know that you aren't that big over here yet but sorting this out would go a long away.

Also how would I find or write a Lisp command? Mind you that might be too complicated for me.

I know that some from MS have been on a road show over here in the UK and met up with a couple of guys from Opti-cal, that's where I got my Lieca 1205 from. do you have any plans to return here at some point, would be great to meet up.

Thanks again

Peter
Peter G

Postby Richard Sands » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:23 am

Peter, for what its worth its the others that are in the minority :lol:
Aussie convention is likewise as I guess European is also.
So any improvement is welcome
Richard Sands

Postby Eric Anderson » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:04 am

Dang Americans, always doing stuff bass ackwards. Using feet instead of meters, Northings before Eastings... :P

Oh, wait! What am I saying?!?!?!? I'm American! 8)
Eric Anderson
Senior Survey Technician
Olmsted County Public Works
Rochester, MN
Eric Anderson

Return to MicroSurvey CAD