Snapping to Arrows

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Snapping to Arrows

Postby Jack Van Beek » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:14 am

I cannot seem to snap onto any of my arrows...mmarr, mmarr1 etc. I can snap onto other blocks, but not these....Help???

Thanks..Jack
Jack Van Beek

Re: Snapping to Arrows

Postby rwhatman » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:50 am

Turn your end snap on. You may see it on, but its not. Just turn it off and then on.

There is times when the drawing is not updated and you have to save, exit then come
back in.

Now a word of warning don't try to change thoes arrows, and I my self would not
even try to to snap to one.

For MicroSurvey
Fix your Log on as it made solve a puzzle to log on.
rwhatman

Postby Jack Van Beek » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Thanks for the reply.
It seems I cannot snap onto the arrows only in that particular drawing. No biggie...I have worked around it. I can snap onto arrows in any other drawing fine.
I don't understand ["Now a word of warning don't try to change thoes arrows, and I my self would not even try to to snap to one. "] I have modified the arrows no problem. Hard part was finding the little suckers.

Cheers...Jake
Jack Van Beek

Postby Brian Sloman » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:06 am

Hi,
The arrows (or any other symbol) can be customized if you wish, just be careful not to dramatically resize them, change their orientation, or change their insertion base point, otherwise they will not appear correctly when loaded into your drawings. Best advise: make a backup copy of any file before you start customizing it, just in case things go south then you can easily restore the original file.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby Richard Sands » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:28 pm

I have a few custom arrows that are installed alongside the MSCAD ones and I just call them up at the prompt line when asked. If they are in the same folder as the default ones then they work fine. (C:\ProgramData\MicroSurvey\MSCAD\2010\mscad Win Vista)
I vouch for Brian's comments and importance of correct orientation and insertion point. Interesting results if not observed!!
Richard Sands

Return to MicroSurvey CAD