WISH LIST - PALETTES PROTECTED

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

WISH LIST - PALETTES PROTECTED

Postby Richard Sands » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:42 pm

I would like to see a 'Protected' status fro the floating palettes the same way the Buttons are protected.
Nothing is more annoying than accidently closing a palette and having to retrieve it.
Any development here appreciated
regards
Richard
Richard Sands

Palettes

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:05 am

Hi Richard,

All I can say on this topic is that there will be some substantial changes in the way that palettes will be handled in the next version of the CAD engine, which will be incorporated in the next version of MSCAD.

More information will be made available when things are finalized.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby rwhatman » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:15 am

Richard
It is possible to protect two floating tool bars
Just cover it with the Hot toggles dialog.

I now only use two now. At one time I had six floating.

Then I took a hard look and found there were enough empty buttons
at the side and top of the menu to fill my needs.

It would be nice idea if there was a favourite list of tools.

Where you could mix to your own needs.
rwhatman

FLOATING PALETTES

Postby Richard Sands » Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:21 pm

Thanks Glen, I await the new CAD.
One thing has always puzzled me is why I have quite a few 'spare' spaces left where I cant paste any Command Buttons. I run a 19" screen and there is heaps of room but MSCAD wont allow any more buttons in the vacant areas. This is where I park my Palettes. I have changed their config and made them much smaller and thus I can fit them in these slots.
Also on that topic, how do I reconfigure the size of the Hot Toggles box to make that smaller. It is way too big at the moment.

regards
Richard
Richard Sands

Screen Resolution

Postby Glen Cameron » Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:45 pm

The number of buttons you will see across the top of the screen and down the left side is controlled by two factors.
1) the resolution of your screen (the higher you have it the more buttons you have)
2) the maximum number of buttons the CAD manufacturer programmed into the program.

You can put your screen resolution high enough that you run into the maximum number of buttons and then have extra blank space to fill the screen. Most clients do not run a high enough resolution to have this problem, but it sounds like you are doing so.

The Hot Toggles dialog is written by us and is hard coded for the size. We are looking at ways to make this smaller or maybe even customizable. We will have to wait and see what the programmers are able to come up with.

Maybe you can move it to the blank area you have in the top right of the screen?

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

One way to handle this...

Postby Scott Partridge » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:10 pm

I am running dual monitors with a small number of custom palettes. The left toolbar is turned off and the command line and all of the palettes are positioned on the secondary monitor freeing up the graphics screen real estate on the primary display.
Scott Partridge

Return to MicroSurvey CAD