GOOGLE SEARCHING

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

GOOGLE SEARCHING

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:13 am

For those that have not yet noticed - we have added a new GOOGLE search feature on the support page of our web-site.

This search engine is set to look on our web-site for any search word or phrase, or you can decide to search the World Wide Web.

This handy tool will make looking for information much easier on any topic. This includes all of the discussions that users have had over the last several years as well as technical notes written and posted, along with any other information on the search topic that we may have available.

Feel free to jump in and give it a try!

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

GOOGLE AND PROBLEMS

Postby Richard Sands » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:12 pm

Glen, since the Google appeared I have had a heck of a trouble accessing this site. Not blaming it but something has gone amiss - it keeps telling me the page is not available. Pasted is the current view address- http://www.microsurvey.com/forums/forum.htm. I can only get in by going to home page and following threads . Their have been times I can get there direct, generaly no go.
regards
Richard
Richard Sands

GOOGLE SEARCHING

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:50 pm

Hi Richard,

I think the timing of our adding the Google Search option and the problems are strictly a coincidence.

I have noticed problems reaching many sites of late, including this site and our other web-site for MapScenes Pro. The other site does not have anything to do with this site and nothing to do with Google and yet it has had a few problems as well.

From what I hear, there are many sites with similar occasional problems of late. Some sort of WWW virus, worm or other, may be the reason.

I actually have my browser set to automatically load this forum on start-up so it is apparent when a question has been posted. This also shows me if the site is up and functioning or not.

It appears to be out of our direct control and not related to Google.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and if we can make things better, we will do so. When the site has a problem, we do inform the provider and they fix it as fast as they are able.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD