Please put ms_rotoline back the way it was!

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Please put ms_rotoline back the way it was!

Postby fjt_aus » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm

I have always used the ms_rotoline command for its intended function but I have also used it to rotate blocks/symbols as well. I used it a lot. Every day. I know it wasn't supposed to, but it did, and it was excellent. Today I installed 10.7.0.5 and it only rotates text. Not blocks.
I would rather go back to having to rotate one thing at a time and be able to rotate blocks.
PLEASE put it back or make it rotate blocks again

I posted the above on the feedback forum but I am re-posting it here because I am that bummed out. Even if this does get fixed, I realise that it wouldn't happen until the next update or product release. Bad.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a lisp routine that will rotate a block to a line? And while I am asking, could anyone point me towards a lisp that will allow me to do a global re-scale of blocks in a dwg the same way that scaletxt does for text (by that I mean...holding the insertion point of each block and re-scaling by a certain amount)?

Thanks
fjt_aus

Re: Please put ms_rotoline back the way it was!

Postby Brian Sloman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:50 am

Hi, This was an unintentional side-effect of the changes we made to allow selection of multiple entities within the three Rotate/Slide Text commands. It should be a pretty simple change to let it work with blocks again, but this will have to wait for the next update.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby rwhatman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:22 pm

fjt_aus wrote:I have always used the ms_rotoline command for its intended function but I have also used it to rotate blocks/symbols as well. I used it a lot. Every day. I know it wasn't supposed to, but it did, and it was excellent. Today I installed 10.7.0.5 and it only rotates text. Not blocks.
I would rather go back to having to rotate one thing at a time and be able to rotate blocks.
PLEASE put it back or make it rotate blocks again

I posted the above on the feedback forum but I am re-posting it here because I am that bummed out. Even if this does get fixed, I realise that it wouldn't happen until the next update or product release. Bad.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a lisp routine that will rotate a block to a line? And while I am asking, could anyone point me towards a lisp that will allow me to do a global re-scale of blocks in a dwg the same way that scaletxt does for text (by that I mean...holding the insertion point of each block and re-scaling by a certain amount)?

Thanks

Here is a work around for you.

1. Pick the line that you want to have your block to run and copy the Angle of the line.
2. Pick Properties, and pick the Block, down in left corner you will see Rotation Angle, Past angle into it and pick ok.

Block will rotate the direction you want , for the other hundred bars just Properties, past and Ok.

Richard
rwhatman

Postby fjt_aus » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Thanks Brian. I don't suppose you could release a new update tomorrow by any chance? :wink:

rwhatman: Yep, I know I can do it that way, and also a hundred different other ways, but they all involve a gazillion clicks and copying and pasting and selecting points etc. Yuk. I want to do it in 2 clicks like before. Thanks for the thought.
fjt_aus

Return to MicroSurvey CAD