Preset Layout Boarders

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Preset Layout Boarders

Postby getrsurveyed » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:18 am

Paper Space novice here... It looks like when inserting a title block & boarder into a layout (Paper Space) you are limited to the preset dwg's stored in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsurvey\MSCAD\2010\design folder. Sixteen files named TBLOCK1 .. TBLOCK16.
I assume you figure out which sheet size you want to modify and modify as you like. I would also like to create different boarder spacing if possible. Do I start from scatch to do this and if so .. do I then create the viewport after inserting the title block? How is the viewport created/attached to these preset TBLOCK drawings?

Update... I think I've got it
getrsurveyed

Re: Preset Layout Boarders

Postby getrsurveyed » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:03 am

Since this is a user's forum .. I'll just think out loud here.. and answer myself..

So I wanted a legal size sheet with 1" boarders around the left, right and bot with 1.5" at the top. I went in and edited the TBLOCK file and drew the boarder polyline at those setbacks and placed all the title text. Then I made tic marks at the actual bot left and top right of the page to use later when snapping the print window. Saved this file with a unique name to be used as a block later.

In my project file I made two new layers.. VPORT_TB and VPORT_FRAME. Click the Layout tab and insert the custom TBlock drawing in the VPORT_TB layer... then create a Viewport on the VPORT_FRAME layer (this layer is set to NOT print, so you don't print the frame). I have always just printed from Model space but am finding paper space very usfull in some cases.

I see now that MSCad just runs a hardcoded script to insert the viewport with the title block when inserting the preset TBLOCKS. I did not realize that you had layer display control within the viewport.. very handy!

Still Learning..
getrsurveyed

Return to MicroSurvey CAD