Chainage

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Chainage

Postby zubler » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:32 pm

Is there a way to annotate a line with chainages? I have a 154 KM line that I have to calculate chainages for. I need to label each deflection with its proper chainage.

Thanks
Kirby
zubler

AutoRoute

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:44 pm

If you define the centerline as an alignment using the AutoRoute routine under the Design menu, using the Create using Lines and Arcs command, you can then label this alignment with chainages (from the same menu).

This allows you to create a horizontal alignment from the lines and arcs you already have and then label it accordingly.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby zubler » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:33 am

Thanks Glen, It did exactly what I wanted it to do.

Kirby
zubler

Chainages

Postby ClintS » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:40 am

Perhaps someone could help me with the format for chainages. I need my alignments labelled 1+000 - 1+020 etc. but the stations come out as 0+0.0 - 2+0.0 etc.

Where is the config. area for label style?
ClintS

Alignment Labeling

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:48 am

Unfortuantely, all labels that fall on even stations will have the extra zeros truncated. So if it should read 12+000.0 it will come up as 12+0.0.

You will have to manually edit those specific chainages using the command ATTEDIT (found under the Parts menu -> Modify Part Attributes (one by one)).

For other info on labeling alignments, the following link will take you to one of our tech notes.

http://www.microsurvey.com/support/shar ... beling.htm

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

[email protected]

Postby Richard Sands » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:33 pm

G'day all
You mentiuoned 150km of chainages. Is that so or 150metres? Thats a lot of editing one at a time if it is km's.
Glen, can this 'chainage' matter be given one of top priorities in next upgrade. I come across this problem 'everyday', especially as we dont use your convention. I am sure others are in same boat.
regards
Richard
Richard Sands

chainages

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:55 am

This bug is on the list and the programmers will surely be addressing it with the next version.

I would invite anyone who would like to see changes or additions to the program, in roading, to send me an email with examples, samples to help illistrate what it is you require. I will pass these to the programmers and it may help them improve that portion of the program.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD