MSCAD 2013 Property Window

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

MSCAD 2013 Property Window

Postby Eric Anderson » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:22 am

Is there a way to keep the Property Window from popping open every time I open a job? It's becoming mildly annoying to have to close this window every time. I've tried 'Right-Clicking' and selecting 'Hide,' but the window still pops open the next time I open a job.

MSCAD 2013 Property Window.JPG
MSCAD 2013 Property Window.JPG (196.5 KiB) Viewed 850 times
Eric Anderson
Senior Survey Technician
Olmsted County Public Works
Rochester, MN
Eric Anderson

Re: MSCAD 2013 Property Window

Postby Brian Sloman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi Eric,

First off, it's odd that the Properties window is sized as shown in your screenshot because as it is, it is too small to be of any practical use. Personally, I keep my Properties window docked on the side of my MSCAD window and have grown to use it a lot, to the point that MSCAD 2010 now feels incomplete to me without having this powerful tool available at all times.

Anyways, whether you have it open or closed and regardless of how it is sized/positioned, when you Exit from MSCAD these settings should be saved with your Profile in the registry, so that the next time you start the program it will maintain its last state. Since it seems this is not happening, I would recommend submitting a technical support ticket here and one of our support reps can help you figure out why it is not saving/restoring this (and possibly other profile settings) properly.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to MicroSurvey CAD