Creating a custom wipeout symbol block

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Creating a custom wipeout symbol block

Postby geoidwalker » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:45 am

I am having trouble when I create a custom wipeout symbol block. I create the linework and wipeout in a dwg. I send the wipeout to the back using draworder and use wblock to create the block. All goes fine until I re-insert the block at which point the wipeout frame is always on top, blotting out the symbol. I have tried the normal block command, and selecting things in various order when I select entities to create the block. I also tried putting the wipeout frame on top, hoping that inserting the block was simply reversing the draworder - but no matter what when I insert the symbol I created, the wipeout frame is on top and I can't see the symbol I made. All of the standard wipeout symbols (the default symbols like ICM_FSRP_WIPEOUT) work fine but I can't create a custom wipeout symbol.
Has anyone else come across this issue?

(Using MSCAD 2010, Windows 7 Home, x64)

cheers,
Jon
geoidwalker

Re: Creating a custom wipeout symbol block

Postby fjt_aus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:23 pm

Have you tried turning the wipeout frame off?
fjt_aus

Re: Creating a custom wipeout symbol block

Postby TentMonster » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:28 pm

Rather than creating your symbol via the block commands - start a brand new DWG and create your symbol. Then save the drawing of your symbol and try inserting it into another drawing. That is how I created the symbols that are supplied with the program.

Cheers,
Glen
TentMonster

Return to MicroSurvey CAD