Contour highlight colors

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Contour highlight colors

Postby carl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:20 am

I have recently returned to MSCAD after being away for a couple of years. I am creating some contours on a smallish parcel, some thing I used to do reqularily with out any problems at all. However now when I attempt it I am not getting any highlight colors. I think I am setting things up correctly and not forgeting a step or something.

In the color options I reset the color map. Then in the Contour Parameters box I set the "Color Contours?" to Yes; "Contour Color Method" to Interval; My interval is 0.2m, for this test I set the highlight interval to 2 to create a lot of highlights. My contour color is 4(cyan) and my highlight color is 5(blue). When I create the contours they all come is as cyan.

The other thing I've noticed is I've set the surface color setting to "None" and the layer coloer where I place the tin is white. When I draw the tin it comes in as red. I think I used to be able to set the coloer of the tin but I don't remember if it was simply a layer color or something else.

Any suggestions?
carl

Re: Contour highlight colors

Postby Brian Sloman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Hi Carl,
This looks like a bug, but it is somewhat inconsistent...
If I use a contour interval of 0.2 and a highlight interval of 5, then every 5th contour is blue, as expected.
If I use a contour interval of 1 and a highlight interval of 2, then every 2nd contour is blue, as expected.
If I use a contour interval of 0.2 and a highlight interval of 2, then almost all of my controus are cyan which is not correct.
Similarly, various other combinations i tried will work or not work, but i'm not seeing a pattern that may explain why the bug is occurring in these cases.

I will log this for our programmers to look into for a future update. We have a major service pack coming out this week, but unfortunately it will not have this fix.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to MicroSurvey CAD