Assumed coords - RTS - Automap - How to?

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Assumed coords - RTS - Automap - How to?

Postby stwomey » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:47 am

Hello,

I have a conventional survey that was done in an assumed coordinate system. I did the whole rotate, translate, and scale to it but the automapped linework didn't follow the points. Is there a way to do this? I think there must be a procedure for this? Editing the raw file didn't seem to work for the autolinework.

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!

Sean
stwomey

Re: Assumed coords - RTS - Automap - How to?

Postby stwomey » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:49 am

I was able to figure this out with the help of a more experienced co-worker.

Before I was using the sync wizard import data selection to bring in my data. This allowed data to be brought in with the assumed coordinates and respective autolinework.

It was suggested that I use the plumb bob also known as microsurvey assistant, selecting Field Genius Tools, and then selecting Import FieldGenius Project. This brings in the data the same way.

I then proceeded to RTS (Rotate, Shift, Scale) my points to their proper location. Once at their proper location I locked the points from the coordinate editor.

Once the points were locked I simply restarted the above from the plumb bob (microsurvey assistant). Since the points were locked they were not updated. The linework was placed on the locked points in the proper location.

I hope that helps newbies like myself in the future!
stwomey

Re: Assumed coords - RTS - Automap - How to?

Postby Brian Sloman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:59 am

Hi Sean,
Here are two quick methods that will simplify the issue...
1) If you draw the linework as Polylines then it will not update when the points are moved, but if the linework is drawn broken up as Lines/Arcs then the linework will move with the points. This is controlled by a default option on the FieldGenius SyncWizard options dialog, or in the AutoMap Library for each description.
2) To update the polylines, instead of re-importing the whole FieldGenius project a second time and having to worry about your coordinates, you can use the PROC_FIGURE (MsTraverse | Process FieldGenius Figures) command to redraw the lines by selecting the FieldGenius project's figures database file, and it will redraw the linework using the current point coordinates in your drawing.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to MicroSurvey CAD