line types

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

line types

Postby Bob Knowlton » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:36 pm

I am currently having a problem with one file (and only one file) in which all my linetypes are drawn as "continuous" no matter what linetype I select. Regular lines or polylines, it doesn't matter. I've compared all the settings I can think of with other files that I am currently working on and in which all the different linetypes work correctly... no differences. Any suggestions? Thanks -Bob
Bob Knowlton

Linetypes missing

Postby Richard Sands » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:40 am

Bob
Have you checked to see if that job has any other linestyles?
Type 'LAYER' and check the linestyles. You may only have the one. You can then load others in (within the Layer Manager) from the file in the Common Directory in MSAD2002. They end with .LIN.
Just a thought.
regards
Richard.
Richard Sands

Linetypes

Postby Richard - again » Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:44 am

Pressed the button too soon.
What I was going on to say, it may appear the linetypes are there but they may need reloading from the .lin file. I had a job once that gave crazy results until I reloaded the linetypes.
over and out
Richard
Richard - again

LTSCALE

Postby Glen Cameron » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:43 am

Linetypes are also controlled by the LTSCALE variable. You may have to adjust this to a setting that makes sense for this drawing, to see the linetypes.

A rule of thumb, if the drawing scale is 1"=50' then set LTSCALE = 50 as a starting point. Adjust from there to get what you desire or require. (REGEN after changing LTSCALE).

Also, keep in mind that some lines will not display linetypes under many circumstances. 2 cases that I have run into - a polyline that is smoothed and 3D slope lines.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Bob Knowlton » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:08 pm

Richard & Glen, Thanks for the suggestions...but I had already tried them all. This one has me stumped.
-Bob
Bob Knowlton

Contrary Linetypes

Postby Richard Sands » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:48 am

Bob
Not sure what sort of job it is, but could you ASCII out all points , open brand new job and ASCII same in and then run AUTOMAP and recreate your linework? A lot of work maybe but I have resorted to this when somehow things go cranky.
Can you copy your lines to clipboard and paste into another new job and see if that changes anything.
keep delving
Richard
Richard Sands

linetypes

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:07 am

Bob - feel free to email me the entire job (FLX and MSD files) and I will look at and see if I can give you any further advice.

[email protected]

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Postby rwhatman » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:11 am

Richard Your very close to the problem.
Bob Send your Automap file as well to Glen.

If you have join line ON and it is a Continuous Line. It well over ride
any Lines types.
rwhatman

linetypes

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:51 am

I got your job Bob, Thanks.

I just checked most of the lines in the drawing and they are all set to Continuous linetypes. I drew a new line and it appears as dotted right a way because that was the default linetype. I then also used the Modify Object Properties command and changed a few lines to Centerline and they showed up perfectly.

What version of MSCAD are you running? More specifically, what is the Service Patch number? (you can tell this by the Top Left of the program)

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD