Digital Images

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Digital Images

Postby Richard Sands » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:52 am

What happens when an flx file containing inserted digital images is saved as a dwg and then sent onto an AutoCad user? I note it appears and can be viewed from within MSCAD, but not having AutoCAd wan't sure how that program reacted. Can one click on the insertion as in MSCAD and it displays the image and details. (Assuming one has the image and corrected the file path name.)
regards
Richard
Richard Sands

Raster Images

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:10 am

Raster images are not saved into DWG or DXF files. So if you are using a raster image in MSCAD and need to send the job to someone using AutoCAD, then you would also have to send the raster image and instructions as to where and how to place the raster image. It will not be part of the DWG and will not load up on their end unless they insert it manually.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

DIGITAL PICTURES

Postby Richard Sands » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:49 pm

Sorry Glen - Called it wrong. I meant Digital Pictures - insert_picture.
I am not sure whether AutoCAd has that feature and if I sent a dwg and photos then AutoCad user could load photos and view them from within AutoCad just as we can from within MSCAD.
Hope that clears things up.
regards
Richard
Richard Sands

Digital Photo

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:36 am

Sorry Richard, I guess I missunderstood you the first time.

However - the answer is still the same (NO). AutoCAD does not have the same support to call out a raster photo to a viewer. The link that we have built in is written by us with our add-on to view the photo. AutoCAD may have their own method of doing this but they are not the same.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD