Managing Layers

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Managing Layers

Postby DaveR » Tue May 12, 2015 6:30 pm

(Using MS2014) I typically have my drawings set up with a few organized layout tabs and then within those tabs a bunch of different viewports for specific aspects of the drawing. My problem is that if I create a new layer in one of those viewports and then draw a line, that line will show up in every viewport within that tab. I then have to go into each viewport and turn off the new layer.
I can't seem to find a setting where you can turn this off. Ideally it would be a setting which would allow new layers to not show up in every viewport. Does this exist?

On a related note, I noticed the same issue with Layer States. Let's say I create 2 different layer states. I open Layer State #1, create a bunch of new layers and linework, and Save As Layer State #1. Then I open up Layer State #2, well all those new layers are on/thawed and all that linework is visible. I now have to turn them off which negates the whole reason for saving different layer states. Am I missing something? Is there a way to make sure those new layers don't show up as on/thawed in other layer states?
DaveR

Return to MicroSurvey CAD