CRRRAASSSHHHH

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

CRRRAASSSHHHH

Postby Cathy » Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:58 am

Good Morning (at least it was 5 minutes ago...)
My Microsurvey crashed while I had three drawings open. Now, when I try to open any of these drawings I get the error message "Error opening Microsurvey Project File". All of my points databases are gone, although the text and nodes for the points are still in the drawing. When I try to recreate the point using the Store and Edit Points command and picking the node it says "The Microsurvey Cad Prompt System Has Not Been Initialized." I tried using the bak files of these drawings but they now have the same problem. I have tried doing an audit in AutoCAD, as well as opening it in microsurvey with the audit button checked. Neither of these helped...
Please help with any suggestions on how to fix these drawings....PPLLLEEAASSE
Cathy

Even Worse Than I thought

Postby Cathy » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:16 am

Okay, actually, I am getting these messages no matter what drawing I open now. And it's erasing all the databases from every drawing I open. I need immediate help, I can't keep working until I fix this problem...
Cathy

Crash

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:12 am

Hi Cathy - Please call me ASAP and I will help you.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

So--tell us what happened?

Postby Carole » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:33 pm

What was wrong and how did you fix it??
Carole

update

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:51 am

In general - She started out by doing a reboot of the computer - this solved a major portion of her troubles. Then on a job that did not load the database correctly, we simply renamed the FLX file and opened it with Audit turned on, so it generated a new database from the points in the FLX.

That seemed to solve her issues.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD