[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - LWT in Paper Space

LWT in Paper Space

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

LWT in Paper Space

Postby brett@tunbridge.ca » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Hello,

When I turn on LWT in paper space I get weird dots on all my lines and objects. I have attached a photo so you can see what I mean.

They eventually disappear when zoomed in close but they are clearly annoying when zoomed out.

I was wondering if it is a result of using PDF 995 as a printer?

Any wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Brett
Attachments
LWT DOTS.png
visible only in paper space
LWT DOTS.png (88.44 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
brett@tunbridge.ca

Re: LWT in Paper Space

Postby camptech » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:12 am

Attachments
DrawingSettings_linetypes_circled.jpg
DrawingSettings_linetypes_circled.jpg (47.8 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
camptech

Postby brett@tunbridge.ca » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:54 am

Thanks Camptech,

Unfortunately this did not solve the dotting issue but thanks for the help.

on another note i frequently change the line type scale in the properties menu to get the resolution of fence posts or dotted/ dashed lines. just select the line or lines and then under the general tab in the properties box just under line type there is a line scale where the default is 1.000. i usually try changes by a factor 2 up ie 1 -> 3 or .2 1.000 -> .8000 until i find something that looks good in paper space, then i fine tune it form there

thanks again for your time,

B.
brett@tunbridge.ca

Postby brett@tunbridge.ca » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:52 pm

SOLVED!!!!!!!

Through a desire to make the lintype scale consistent on a poly line i found the solution to this problem.

File/printer Options/display/ make sure the "hardware Acceleration" box is unchecked.

kablamo

o and if you have a polyline that is dashed or dot dashed or what ever and it is not showing the pattern in a smaller section because it is to short just high light the line and in the properties box under misc there is a "Linetype generation" change it from false to true and the pattern will not start at each new bend of the polyline
brett@tunbridge.ca

Return to MicroSurvey CAD