Centerline symbol (and Unicode in general)

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Centerline symbol (and Unicode in general)

Postby camptech » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:59 pm

(I am using Microsurvey CAD 2010 Ultimate.)

Can anyone tell me how to to insert a centerline symbol in a string annotation (i.e. via _MTEXT or _DTEXT or _MTP)?

Some ALT codes will insert the correct symbol for me when using the @Arial Unicode MS font. For example, holding down the ALT key and typing 172 (ALT-172) in the Multiline Text editor will give the 1/4 fraction: ¼, but I can't seem to find an ALT keycode for the CL symbol.

Googling "centerline symbol unicode" yields several pages that state that the UNICODE character U+2104 will give a CL symbol. These pages say this should work with a TrueType font. My thinking is that the @Arial Unicode MS font should fit this bill. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to enter the U+2104 sequence into the Multiline Text dialog. One web page said you type "CTRL+SHIFT+U" then "2104" then "<ENTER>". I can't seem to get that to work.

Google yields pages that seem to suggest the AutoCAD folks are able to get a CL symbol, but maybe not in all versions of AutoCAD.

Followup question: Does Microsurvey support Unicode characters? If so, what is the general procedure to enter a Unicode character (not just a CL symbol)?

Thanks in advance.
camptech

Re: Centerline symbol (and Unicode in general)

Postby James Johnston » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi,

There is no easy answer with MicroSurvey CAD 2016, but 2017 has a revised mtext editor with built in symbols. See the preview image below:

cl.jpg
Preview from MSCAD 2017
cl.jpg (87 KiB) Viewed 179 times
James Johnston

Return to MicroSurvey CAD