DRAWING CRASH

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

DRAWING CRASH

Postby Vincent Popish » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:26 pm

I HAVE A DRAWING CREATED IN AUTOCAD WITH CARLSON SURVCADD, IT USES XREF TO INSERT A REFERENCE DRAWING, AND ALL WORKS WELL IN AUTOCAD OR INTELLICAD. BUT IF I OPEN IT IN MSCAD IT LOCKS UP MSCAD EVERY TIME. I HAVE TRIED EXPORTING AS A 12 DWG, I PURGED EVERY THING NOT NEEDED, I RECOVERED THE DRAWING, REINSERTED THE REFERENCE DRAWING AS A BLOCK INSTEAD. ALL TO NO AVAIL IT STILL CRASHES MSCAD. IF I OPEN IT AS A DWG AND WORK ON IT IN MSCAD IT SEEMS TO WORK, BUT IF I SAVE IT AS A FLX, THEN REOPEN IT IT CRASHES MSCAD. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

MORE ON CRASH

Postby Vincent Popish » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:35 pm

IF I SAVE IT AS A 2002 DWG THEN TRY OPENING IT AGAIN WITH MSCAD IT GIVES THIS ERROR MESSAGE:
ERROR IN FDT_ENTGET_DBHOOK()!!
IF I CLICK OK ON THE ERROR BOX ABOUT 30 OR 40 TIMES THE DRAWING COMES UP AND SEEMS TO BE OK.
THE OTHER TIMES IT CRASHES (PREVIOUS MESSAGE) IT JUST SAYS IT GOING TO TELL MICROSOFT ON YOU AND SEND ERROR REPORT.
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD ADD THAT.
THANKS
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

Postby rwhatman » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:23 pm

Vincent

That Error message is caused by hatching.

When I load a Autocad Drawing. I remove all Hatching from the job.

If you don't. As soon as you Rotate the job to your Bearing reference the program won't let you save from that point.

Just remove the hatching before you bring it into MSCAD.

Richard
rwhatman

Postby Jason Poitras » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:00 pm

Hello Vince,

Can you send me a copy of your dwg file that is crashing MSCAD? Hatching in a dwg file shouldn't crash your program, so we can figure out what may be wrong.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

MORE ON CRASHES

Postby Vincent Popish » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:37 am

I FOUND THAT IF I COPYCLIP ALL THE PARTS OF THE DRAWING INTO A NEW DRAWING IT FIXES THE PROBLEM. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT ONE LOOSES ANY PAPER SPACE VIEWPORTS THAT HE MAY HAVE AND THEY ALL HAVE TO BE REMADE, SCALED AND ROTATED, ETC. THE HATCHING DID NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE, I EXPLODED IT, AND OR REMOVED IT - STILL CRASHED THE PROGRAM. I THINK IT IS NOT A MICROSURVEY PROBLEM BUT A CAD ENGINE PROBLEM. I SENT THE DRAWINGS TO JASON, HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT HE SAYS.
THANKS
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

CRASHES

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:57 pm

I had the same problem with a drawing provided by a client. It was loaded with hatching, dims and x-refs. Like Vince I could open it but I had to click "OK" about a hundred times each time I opened it. I ended up purging the drawing and that solved the problem. It took me a long time to figure it out, though.

Return to MicroSurvey CAD