QSB

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

QSB

Postby Carole » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:00 pm

Why does my surface TIN not display when I read in a QSB that I created previously? The quantities seem to be the same but no TIN shows up. I thought saving the QSB would be just like saving the database or drawing--it would all be there when I opened it again. Did I misunderstand?
Carole

tin

Postby Vincent Popish » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:10 pm

The surface tin is in the qsb file, but you must use the Tin create\edit command under modeling to show or draw the tin if you want to see it.
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

QSB

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:39 am

When you save the QSB file, it is saved where you tell it and with the name you specify.

When you save the drawing, the QSB file is not part of the save process. The FLX and MSD files are saved but the QSB file is not - unless you do it manually.

When you come back to a job and open it again - the FLX and MSD files are opened BUT the QSB file is not.

The QSB file is not directly linked to the job and in fact can be opened in ANY job - if appropriate to do so. So to open the QSB file, you must manually load it each time you open the job.

A technical note on this topic that may help a bit is found at the following link:
http://www.microsurvey.com/support/shar ... rfaces.htm

Then note covers how to save the QSB file - to reopen it you run the same command but pick on the Read button and find the file, instead of the Write button to save the file.

Once the QSB is loaded - it is as if you had just completed the surface extraction, etc. - carry on and use it as desired.

Be sure to save it again if you do any changes or additions to the surfaces.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD