INVALID 2D POLYLINES REVISITED

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

INVALID 2D POLYLINES REVISITED

Postby P J VOELLER » Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:26 am

We have a client using Autodesk who gets the "invalid 2D polyline" & "invalid 3D polyline" message upon opening our drawings and, as described in a previous posting, the system crashes when they try to run audit. I tried saving as R12 but they are still getting the same error messages. Any new information on a fix for this problem?
P J VOELLER

plines

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:45 am

This is the first I have seen that a R12 DWG file did not work correctly. Every other case I have delat with has worked in R12 format.

I do not have anything else new as yet - but you could try the SP#3 and SP#4 patches from this web-site to update MSCAD to the newest code available. It may or may not help but is worth a try.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

polylines...

Postby P J Voeller » Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:05 pm

Glen,

I loaded SP3 & 4 and sent off a file as R12 for a test. Meanwhile, I'm wondering, does a file have to be created after installing SP3 & 4 (if that takes care of the problem) or will opening a previously created file after installing the updates remove the influence of the bug on the file?

Thanks,
Pam V
P J Voeller

plines

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:22 pm

If the patch solves the problem then it does not matter if it was created using the patch or the previous version. The problem should be corrected either way. (assuming the patch does fix it)

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

polylines...

Postby P J Voeller » Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:03 pm

Glen,

The patched fixed the problem. Thanks so much!

Pam V
P J Voeller

Return to MicroSurvey CAD