MSCAD 2002 Demo conversion

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Postby Bunker » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:39 am

A quick question.

Our office recently purchased 2 licenses for MSCAD2002. On one of the machines we converted from the demo install while the other was installed fresh. The program on the machine with the demo converion install crashes when trying to rotate text using the "Rotate selected objects" button. Both of these machines are identical with respect to other software (they were imaged).

Is there a process to uninstall the demo version and reinstall MSCAD 2002 from scratch. One thing I noticed after entering in the password for the converion is that the demo countdown still pops up with the number of days left in the demo...although it no longer displays the "register" window after this. When I go to the file menu to attempt to enter the password....it mentions that the software is already registered.

What is the process to re-install....do I need a new password or will the old work?
Regards,

T. Bunker
Bunker

Registeration

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:41 pm

MSCAD actually has two different registration options that must both be run to make it completely registered.

1) when you purchase you receive a 16 digit, alphanumeric code (letters A through F and numbers 0 through 9). This number needs to be entered in during the original install of the program or later by converting it. Both are done via the CD when you tell the program to install. This registers the CAD engine.

2) After installed, when you fill in the Registration dialog, and forward the info to our head office, we issue a password for that machine. Once this password is entered, the Survey side of things are now registered.

The check you were doing via the menu, concludes that you have done step 2 but the count down dialog tell me that step 1 was missed.

If you wish to remove the program and reinstall it, you may do so, een though it should not be required.

To do so, start the install from the CD, and when it asks if you wish to convert a demo to an authorized version and exit - answer NO. Then on the dialog that asks if you wish to MODIFY, REPAIR or REMOVE - pick the REMOVE option. This will remove the program but not the password that you have already received from us and entered in.

Then start the install again and do a complete install with the 16 digit number being entered during the install. This should get you back to normal.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Bunker » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:01 am

Thanks for the info Glen.

Simply running step one to get rid of the evaluation version but did not rectify the freezing issue discussed previously. I will complete a clean install later this morning.
Regards,

T. Bunker
Bunker

Postby Bunker » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:40 am

The re-install process did not rectify the freezing problem either. Not sure if files are left behind when completing the remove option?

I've also tried re-installing the service packs (3 & 4) to see if this would rectify the issue...didn't. The CD we received is the build with SP4 included.

Any other ideas?
Regards,

T. Bunker
Bunker

Postby Bunker » Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:23 am

The freezing issue when trying to rotate objects is not just linked to rotating text. I've attempted to rotate a line and the freezing issue is replicated. I've tried both using the "rotate object button" and the rotate command from the file menu. Both produce the freezing problem.

....just tried another file produced in ACAD r14. The command works fine. It must be a corruption in my current file somewhere. Any ideas where to look? How can I start a fresh file and move all of the information to it if this is what needs to be done? I have points created from COGO batch file...not a problem. But there is also a lot of line work not created from the batch.
Regards,

T. Bunker
Bunker

Postby Bunker » Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:29 am

The same problem occurs with this file on the other machine.

...just so things make a little more sense now.
Regards,

T. Bunker
Bunker

Postby rwhatman » Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:46 am

Your UCS may be the problem.

I have ran in to this problem.

Use Surveyorsview then go back to world view.
Make sure you reset your setup to E

Then you should be able to to rotate.
rwhatman

Postby Bunker » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:16 am

Thanks Richard.

Your steps worked to resolve the problem.
Regards,

T. Bunker
Bunker

Return to MicroSurvey CAD