COGO Text Scaling

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

COGO Text Scaling

Postby Bunker » Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:31 pm

I have run into a snag in a drawing where the size of the text that is generated when automatically labeling lines drawn from a COGO batch file and auto-adding points to objects are being drawn at different sizes.

What drives the label text height using a COGO batch file?
What drives the label text height using auto-adding of points to objects?
Regards,

T. Bunker
Bunker

Labeling Defaults

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:31 am

Hi Tim,

All routines in MSCAD use the same labeling options. Under the MicroSurvey menu -> MicroSurvey Defaults -> Bearings (and all the others). These are your defaults for all labeling within the program. Whatever the current defaults are set to are what is used.

COGO batch files, AutoAdd Points to Objects, or any other routine in MicroSurvey, they all use these labeling defaults when assigning or generating Point Numbers, Descriptions, Elevations, Bearings and Distances.

The rescale Entire Drawing command only affects these same labels (and symbols placed via AutoMAP).

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Bunker » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:43 am

Thanks Glen. I assumed there was only one default as that would naturally make sense. I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

It appears that my descriptions and points numbers generated by the batch file scale up and down when zooming in and out within the drawing whereas the point numbers created using the autonumber routine stay at one size. The text height appears to be fine on a test plot.

I've decided to take your advise from yesterday with respect to the subdivision plan and rescaling (i.e. just use model space and don't rescale drawing). Maybe once I get the hang of using "Active Drawing Tech." I can revisit. For now there is a lot to learn.

I've rescaled the job one last time to setup my model space scale (maybe this is where my problem lies :wink: ).

Are there any training seminars coming up in the near future that our office staff could attend?
Regards,

T. Bunker
Bunker

Labeling Defaults

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:36 am

Hi Tim,

The text that is scaling up and down when you zoom - sound slike out IPN and IPD commands are on. This is a text overlay on top of the drawing to help when you do zoom into a small tight area, to be able to still read the text. It is not part of the drawing and is not on a layer and will not plot to paper. It is a different size that the normal text in the drawing.

You can turn it on/off by picking the button IPN for point numbers and IPD for descriptions. It is like a light switch and turns it on and off when picked. You can also type the command if you wish.

IPSETTINGS is a command to help control the size and colour of that text.

Training is normally handled out of our BC office by Jason Poitras. We have nothing currently scheduled in Ontario that I am aware of. Being my office is relatively close to you, we may be able to provide some training at your location. Please feel free to call me to discuss this.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Bunker » Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:24 pm

Thanks Glen.

That is likely it. I believe I hit one of the buttons earlier in the day for the point numbers...must of hit the one for descriptions as well but didn't realize it. :oops: Most of the points in my subdivision are calc'd points and thus do not have descriptions associated with them.

I will discuss the training with my business associates and get back to you.

Thanks again
Regards,

T. Bunker
Bunker

Return to MicroSurvey CAD