loading lisp routines

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

loading lisp routines

Postby Cathy » Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:16 am

I forgot to add this to my last question. How do you make certain lisp routines automatically load upon starting microsurvey? I think I remember reading something about it on the old web board, but I can't find it if it's there. Thanks.
Cathy

Autoloading of lisp programs

Postby Scott Partridge » Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:48 am

The easiest way to autoload custom lisp routines is this:

Using a text editor, copy all of your lisp routines one after the other in a single ASCII file and name it something like 'mystuff.lsp', then save it in the \Common folder under the MSCAD directory.

Create a new (or open an existing) MSCAD template file and at the command line, type LSPALOAD. At the prompt, type 'mystuff' (no quotes) then save the template and exit.

When you create a new MSCAD drawing with the Microsurvey Project Manager, check off the 'Use Template' box and click on the 'Set Template' button to browse for and select the template file you just created. You can set whatever defaults you want in the template... layers, parts, title block, etc.

Your lisp routines will be ready to run from the command line or via custom toolbar icons that you can build.
Scott Partridge

LISP Loading

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:32 pm

You could also edit the f5i_stup.lsp file (an autostart file) to add in the command to load the desired lisp file(s). It can be found in the MSCAD2002\COMMON folder and can be edited using Wordpad. Be careful to follow the formatting used to make sure you load your file(s) correctly.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD